Monday, January 16, 2006

 

Ron for your life


Speaking of famous birthdays, with less than a month until Feb. 7, the anniversary of Ronald Reagan's birth, here are some quotes we Reagan fans want to believe are true.

Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they freeze to death, collapse and rot in their places.

The most terrifying words in the English Language are: And the winner is. But your name doesn't end the sentence.

Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because we started them. Directly. And personally, I had no part in starting any.

I have wondered at times about what The Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had been played by Alan Ladd.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and Democrats coming out the other.

If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation under no God.

I've laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that happens: No matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of my sleep.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it and if it stops moving, shoot it.

I should have played most of Errol Flynn's roles.

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. We keep them too busy fighting to think.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?