Monday, February 21, 2005

 

Gonzo shmonzo, let's get this week started

I didn’t know Hunter S. Thompson, I didn’t work with Hunter S. Thompson, but I will tell you this: I am no Hunter S. Thompson. Suicide? What is that all about? Or was it a “gonzo” suicide and Hunter is hiding somewhere in a shack filled with loaded rifles, cigarettes and cocktail waitresses? Will we ever know? It is not like Ernest Hemingway, who, moments before he pulled the trigger and blew his own head off, called me and said, “This is meant for you.”

Many people have told me that they would have missed the program that blew up last week when the motherboard on my computer was set aflame. So, remember, all of you, that this week, live at 9 p.m. on Feb. 24, Paul Williams will be the guest, unless some other twist of fate smacks me. What are the odds of that? Tune in and find out.

We welcome Rant Radio to the Chronicles camp this week. Check out the schedule for the Friday night rebroadcast. It is terrific to be on that station’s menu, even though I usually shun the word “rant” and use the word “editorialize.” What do you expect from a guy old enough to be Craig Coleman’s dad?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?