Monday, December 13, 2004

 

My life, sans thought

Recently, out of the blue, I was called by an old friend of mine who has a friend who has a cousin who works for a publishing company that is currently interested in biography material. My friend, whose identity will remain a secret, if not anonymous (I will call him Kim, because it is a name that could be the name of a guy or a girl, thus covering each sex) said there was a good chance I would be asked in the future to make a deal to write my biography.

The problem is, of course, my biography is not so exciting and nothing that I have done up until now has been significant enough to deserve documentation in a volume. Kim said that doesn't matter because everything written about anyone is dramatized anyway. Kim used the New Testament as an example.

So I start this week off thinking about the nouns of my life. Who, what and where did anything happen and why would a reader find it at all entertaining. Kim said that is too much thought about the subject. I have a feeling that I will be thinking about this all week, even though Kim said not to ponder the possibility of writing a biography until I get a call from a man whose name is either Renquist or Stankenfold.

I will fill you in on what happens if they call. Meanwhile, let's get the week started.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?